Thursday, October 1, 2020

Common Art: Week Five

 Use of Composition

This week we looked at Phil Straub's guide and learned about composition approaches and implied forms. We needed to kitbash a scene in Maya and then composite it in Photoshop.


I set up a separate camera in Maya to frame my scene and then used the perspective camera to look around and move things. I added in a rickety bridge and had a few of the UE4 mannequins cross it.


I was using Sylvain Sarrailh's works as a reference for my composition and color scheme. I was originally trying to do an iconic composition, but I think it ended up more like the pyramid/triangle composition.


I tried to mess around with the lens blur to create a depth of field, with the midground being what I wanted to have in focus. I couldn't get Arnold to render a z-depth pass, so I had to make a knock-off version in Maya Software.

Janky z-Depth
Depth of field
 

    



No comments:

Post a Comment