Sunday, September 6, 2020

Technical Art: Homework Two

 Perforce/Engine Basics

I've imported things I've made into an Unreal scene before, so I was a little familiar with what to do. One thing that I hadn't ever dealt with before this project was the landscape. I found a landscape material that I liked; it was part of the Western Town project. I initially tried to migrate the entire landscape, but apparently the landscape doesn't really work like that. Instead I had to migrate the material instance and then make my own landscape in a new scene.

The master material was really intimidating to me:

Each of the Rock, Sand, Wetness, and Grass had a layer that could be painted onto the landscape. It also had some procedural stuff going on in the original level, but I didn't even know where to start with that. It was a desert landscape, which was what I wanted to go with the Fire Elemental that I'd gotten from another Unreal demo. It came with a few animations that I messed with, but because it came from a cinematic scene, they weren't looping.

The magma I migrated from another project was also animated.

The chair he's sitting on is a bench from the Bumping Pub scene, but made slightly narrower.

Initially I just wanted to make a desert/fire scene, and then I added some cages and the fire pit from the Bumping Pub and now it looks like this fire elemental might eat people.




No comments:

Post a Comment