Saturday, July 24, 2021

VR: Summer Sprint Five

 Individual Contributions V

This sprint I was working on getting the MetaHuman to a static mesh state and getting the watch and moneycase textured.




I was at least able to use the retargeted animation to get the static mesh posed already rather than worrying about posing it myself by hand. What I need to still figure out is how to compromise on the grooming, or else we're just gonna have a totally hairless man show up on the other side of the door.

The moneycase textures were pretty simple.




The watch gave me a little trouble because it had some transparent elements, and I had issues with dithering (I think? I'm not sure what the term for it is) on the rest of the mesh.



I watched a tutorial that said using custom depth can fix this. The highlighted nodes are what's supposed to be specifying what's rendering.



I'm not sure if it's working too well because it's so small-scale, but I don't think you can see the issue to much in the game, so I might can get away with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment