Sunday, June 27, 2021

3D Art: Portfolio Two Week Two

 High-Poly Sculpting


















I tried to beat up the two models a little more. I also worked on the tileable texture and getting it working in engine.



I ended up running into an issue where the texture was getting stretched depending on the surface of the plane it was being applied to. So basically the wall had to be a perfect square for the texture to make sense.



I looked into it and saw that I could use a World Aligned Texture node to project the tileable texture onto the surface of the object rather than using the object's UVs. 





I ended up getting a seam in the texture because my document got a little messed up when I sculpted off the edge of the polygroup and distorted the edge. I'll have to go back and fix it, and since I'm not 100% sure about this texture after seeing it tiled, I'll probably redo a lot.

Week Three:

- Retopology and first bakes for the two props

- Finalize tileable texture

No comments:

Post a Comment