Sunday, May 23, 2021

3D Art III: Portfolio One Week One, Part II

 References and Proxy

The biggest thing I've been looking at has been anatomy. Nick showed me Anatomy 360, which is a source of 3d scans of people for reference. I also got a few references for a few of the other elements of the concept.

Schedule:

Week One, due 5/24 - all elements minus corpses proxied, have "default' humans sculpted, with retopology and UVs

Week Two, due 5/30 - high-poly of all elements

Week Three, due 6/6 - retopology and UVs of all elements

Week Four, due 6/13 - texturing and look dev in UE4


I built on my previous progress and added proxies for the gallows on his back. I also revisited the executioner's upper body to try to fix a few things.



For the humans, I wanted to try to plan ahead to minimize the number of times I had to retopologize and UV the bodies, since if I'm sticking really strictly to the concept, there are about 19-20 bodies. To hopefully speed up the process once I get to the game res stage, I made a male and female model, retopologized and UV mapped those two models, brought them back into Zbrush, and projected the sculpt onto the UVd model. This way I can iterate on the models and pose individual models while having a game res version at the same time. The female model is 4.8k tris, and the male is 5k tris.





No comments:

Post a Comment