Friday, April 2, 2021

VR Immersive Experience: Sprint Six

 Team Three: Individual Contributions IV

I cleaned out all our old geometry that was hanging around in our persistent level, so now the level that loads from Hez's menu should match what we've been working on.

I also worked on collision, since I know the last couple times Chris tested the level, the bed collision was just a big square encompassing the whole volume. I fixed the collision on the bed, and also fixed the collision for the closet shelf and hangers.

I implemented a clock, since I really liked Chris' idea of a sort of "diegetic" timer, since it would be more immersive than the HUD element. Right now it's just set to start at 1:55 AM, and getting it to keep two digits in the minutes display (ie. show 00-09 instead of 0-9) was actually more complicated than I was expecting, or at least I couldn't come up with a more concise way of doing it. My gif example has the delay sped up, in-game it's accurate and a minute elapses.




Another piece of feedback we got was to work on interactive elements, since in VR people want to immediately start throwing things around. I made the pillow a pick-up object, along with the cigarette tray. The smoke emits from the mesh, so it follows it around as the tray gets moved. I'd like to add individual cigarettes at some point, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment