Friday, October 9, 2020

3D Art: Module Two Week Seven

 Game Asset Creation 101: Part Three

I ended up redoing my sculpt of my crate this week, since the last one was pretty flat and the line thickness wasn't varied. I used the Orb brush pack which really helped with trying out some stylization.





I consolidated my meshes a little bit, but I still ended up having three texture sets: one for the top and front planks along with the splintered wood on the ground, one for the back and bottom planks, and one for the chains.


This workflow for baking maps is a lot easier than the one I had learned for sculpting. I used to sculpt in Zbrush, bring the decimated mesh into Maya, retopologize with the Quad Draw tool, then bring the low-res mesh back into Zbrush and project the high-res information onto it, subdivision by subdivision. Letting Substance Painter handle it cuts out the whole projection step, which was pretty tedious.

Then we needed to get everything rendering in UE4, and make a sequence showing our work.



No comments:

Post a Comment