Monday, September 21, 2020

3D Art: Module One Week Four

 Lego Project: Part 2

I ended up redoing the harness and helmet a little to make them closer to the accurate scale. Since I wanted to texture them too, I retopologized so that it was one contiguous mesh and then laid out the UVs.


Then I textured it in Substance Painter. I'm not super familiar with the software so I didn't do anything intense, but even if I could've, it might've been wasted on the low-poly mesh.


The Sequencer and Post Process Volume part of this was really great to learn, I didn't know you could do so much post-processing inside of Unreal.


For my second design, I couldn't really reconfigure the pieces too much, so I ended up posing the astronaut and trying to recreate the movie poster for Gravity. I couldn't get the aperture and focal length so that only the midground was in focus, and the motion blur and DOF option in the post processing volume didn't seem to do much either.

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment